Psychologists and physiologists have been studying the science behind smiling. Smiles increase your perceived attractiveness, enhance personal relationships, and help you in all aspects of your life. Non-verbal communication is an integral part of our daily lives and smiles are one of the most powerful forms of unspoken interaction between people. With just a simple smile, you can make others feel happier and more comfortable around you. Below are a few facts about smiles.
Fun Smile Facts
- It takes fewer muscles to smile than it does to frown. Being grumpy is more work!
- Smiling is universal among people throughout the world.
- When you smile, your body releases endorphins which boost your mood and energy.
- Females tend to smile more often than males.
- Newborn babies are even able to smile.
- People with a pleasant smile are more likely to be promoted in their careers.
- Forcing a smile can lower stress levels which then positively affects your immune system and blood pressure.
- If you smile often, people will smile back. Psychologists believe we mimic the behavior of people around us. (more…)