Psychologists and physiologists have been studying the science behind smiling. Smiles increase your perceived attractiveness, enhance personal relationships, and help you in all aspects of your life. Non-verbal communication is an integral part of our daily lives and smiles are one of the most powerful forms of unspoken interaction between people. With just a simple smile, you can make others feel happier and more comfortable around you. Below are a few facts about smiles.
Fun Smile Facts
- It takes fewer muscles to smile than it does to frown. Being grumpy is more work!
- Smiling is universal among people throughout the world.
- When you smile, your body releases endorphins which boost your mood and energy.
- Females tend to smile more often than males.
- Newborn babies are even able to smile.
- People with a pleasant smile are more likely to be promoted in their careers.
- Forcing a smile can lower stress levels which then positively affects your immune system and blood pressure.
- If you smile often, people will smile back. Psychologists believe we mimic the behavior of people around us.
Is a Lack of Confidence Keeping You From Smiling?
Perhaps if your teeth were a little whiter, or a little less crooked, you might smile more. Dr. Peter Pate wants to help boost your self-esteem so that you are happier and have more pleasant experiences. He offers a variety of cosmetic dental services. From a smile makeover to a simple whitening procedure, he has the experience and equipment to get you smiling more often in no time! Now that you know how beneficial smiling really is, contact us today at (404) 266-9424 to schedule a cosmetic dentistry consultation. We are proud to serve patients in Buckhead and the surrounding Atlanta neighborhoods.