If you are trapped indoors and need relief from the tedium share some fun facts with your friends and family. Here are five cool dental factoids:
- Tooth enamel is the hardest substance in the human body
- Most people have 32 teeth as adults (includes 4 wisdom 8 incisors 4 canines 12 molars and 8 premolars)
- 1/4 of Americans over age 60 have lost all of their natural teeth
- The average adult exerts about 20-40 pounds of pressure when biting. However millions of us can bite with up to 250 pounds of force!
- Besides colas and citrus overly chlorinated pools can also erode your enamel!
I’m Dr. Peter Pate of Dentistry in Buckhead and I encourage my patients to choose a healthy diet and maintain proper oral hygiene habits of brushing twice daily flossing once a day rinsing after meals and keeping your regular dental visits. Call my Atlanta dental office at (404)266-9424 to schedule an appointment. Enjoy the beautiful spring weather!